Thursday, September 23, 2010

Update to Grandma's Chair

Before

I loved how grandma's chair turned out but it was a little to bright white, and I have been really wanting to try putting glaze on it. So I thought what the heck, I can always repaint it, right? I love the Blog All Things Thrifty, she has so many amazing ideas. She has try and tested projects. So I took her advice and went for it.

After
I used Ralph Lauren Faux Technique Glaze and had it tinted black at Home Depot. I just rubbed it on with a rag and then rubbed it off. I was a little over whelmed at first, it made it so dark. I was telling my kids it was our new Halloween Chair (I look like it would fit in some spooky old haunted house). Eventually i had to just walk away cause I couldn't stop messing with it. Note: make sure to use a damp rag to wipe it back off I didn't do this and I think that is why I struggled so much to get it back off, it just seemed so dark while I was doing it.

Now the more I look at it the more I like how it turned out. I love how the glaze gives it texture and character. It think it looks great in my living room. What do you think?

Lisa

2 comments:

Becca Jane said...

SO....I have the CUTEST library desk that needs some TLC...can you help me??

lisa winnett said...

I would Love too, Becca!